Why we need you?
All parents and community members are encouraged to get involved! Parents/guardians are an integral part of their children’s education and are always welcomed into the school.
The involvement of parents/guardians in the school has positive affects on the child’s engagement and success in the school. While there are several tried and true ways the Council supports the school, we need your fresh ideas and enthusiasm to make each school year a successful one for the school as a whole.
How can you help?
Many hands make light work! There are many opportunities for you to have direct or indirect involvement.
The following identifies a few ways that members are currently helping:
- participating in Council meetings
- volunteering in classrooms
- participating in special events
- helping out on field trips
- co-ordinating and serving lunch and milk programs
- organizing or volunteering to help with annual fundraising activities (e.g. Christmas bazaar)
- participating as part of the Grade 8 Leaving Ceremony Committee
- sharing their work at our annual Intermediate Career Day
We invite the community to teach us, to learn with us, and to embrace this school by visiting frequently and becoming meaningfully involved.