Hello Huntley Families!
On Monday, March 30th we are having the first of a few Muffin Mondays for the teachers and staff at Huntley. This is an opportunity for us to show them how thankful we are for all that they do! If you are interested in baking a dozen muffins, please send an e-mail to Jo-Anne Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will respond with further information.
Hello Huntley Parents and Guardians!
This is a reminder of our monthly parent council meeting coming up this week, on Wednesday, March 4th at 7pm in the Huntley Centennial library. If you are looking for a way to help out at school with a few hours of your time or if you have some ideas that would benefit our students, or have more time and would like to join a committee (Grade 8 grad, Arts Festival, School Greening project – just to name a few) please consider joining us. Or if you are just interested in finding out what is happening at the school, this is the place to find out. All are welcome!
Thank you! HCPS Parent Council
Attention Grade 8 Parents!
The Grad Committee needs you! Please supply us with your email address so we can keep you up to date on plans for the Grad trip, ceremony and dance. Parents are responsible for much of the ceremony, the dance and any fun extras for grads (including subsidies for the trip for those families who need a bit of help). This will not happen unless we work together. Send an email to email@example.com. Next meeting of the Grad Committee is Tuesday, March 10 at Alice’s Café at 7:00pm. Everyone welcome!
Chair, Grade 8 Grad Committee
Please consider making a donation to support all the amazing work that our Parent Council does for our students in our school! Forms were sent home Friday, please check your child’s backpack. We’ve also attached it here Donation Campaign 2015
Some of the things that Parent Council has funded over the past year:
- Food cupboard –available to any child needing additional food at school .
- Arts program, this year covering 8 different genres –“Be Your Best” improv performances; “ Luv2Groove” dance workshop; “Rock The Arts” puppet show; “Celebrate Africa” African rhythms, song & dance; “Strings Around the World” music instrumental; “Polyphonic Poetry” literary arts; “Looking at Pictures” visual arts; “Dance Showcase” dance performance.
- Classroom technology – almost every classroom at Huntley has either a Smartboard or an Epsom Brightlink, thanks, in part, to your support.
- Garden Club – gardening supplies are supplied every year.
- Sports Equipment – pinneys, soccer lines and goal posts, soccer balls, miscellaneous Phys Ed equipment.
- Science Equipment – supplies for Intermediates science program.
- Raz Kids Reading Program – a licence is available for any child wishing to use the online reading program (pls email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information)
- Juice boxes for Terry Fox Run & Freezies for Track & Field
- Staff Appreciation luncheon
Thank you for your continued support!
HCPS Parent Council
The Grade 8 Grad Committee will be selling Kernels popcorn on Fridays in March, April and May to raise funds for the Grad ceremony and graduation trip. Order forms were sent home on Friday, but if you need more, there is a copy here (HCPS Kernels Fundraiser Order_Form). Perfect for lunches and snacks for the whole family! Three great flavours available. Orders due back this Friday, February 27.
The Grade 8 Grad Committee